In order to apply for a permanent residence permit in Serbia, you need to meet one of the following requirements:
- You have lived without interruptions in Serbia for at least five years based on the temporary residence permit.
- You have been married for at least three years to a Serbian citizen or a foreign citizen with permanent residence.
- You are a minor staying temporarily in Serbia and have one Serbian parent or one foreign parent with permanent residence (with the consent of the other parent).
- You have Serbian family links.
- You have been granted the permission for temporary residence due to humanitarian reasons, or this is in the interest of the Republic of Serbia.
Depending on the conditions of your visa application, you will have to provide different documentation as requested by the Serbian Ministry of Interior.
The request for permanent residence is submitted to the registry desk of the Police Administration for the City of Belgrade, located at 107 Bulevar Despota Stefana. You can see an example of the form on the following link.